Mobile & Wireless Networks WG
Mailing list : mobile @ AsiaFi.net
Website : www.AsiaFI.net/wg/mobile.htm
The objective of this research group is two-fold. Establish a forum for Wireless and
Network Mobility researchers of Asian region to investigate key and interesting problems
in the field for the future internet. The findings on these problems should benefit the community
at large, but especially the standardization of the future internet. And, help establish a uniform
testbed that researchers could use for experimentation as common tools, scenarios and
methodologies provide more accurate performance benchmarking. A more ambitious, longer-term
goal is to become a catalyst for research in Mobile/Wireless Inter-networking for the future Internet.
- Produce "Problems Statement, Assumptions and Goals for Mobile/Wireless communication for
future internet to define the problem statement and goals of Mobile/Wireless networks.
- Develop Mobility support protocols for seamless handover and route optimization.
- Develop Secure handover mechanism considering authentications including fasr handover
- Develop Cross layer protocol research for future Internet.
- Produce a Wireless Mesh architecture" document defining the MANET architecture as is related to
Future networks and the evaluation of existing and new mechanisms for discovering, and selecting
a target base station and/or router for handover
- Develop an address autoconfiguration mechanism to be used by ad hoc nodes for configuring unique
local addresses as well as, in cases where Internet connectivity exists, globally routable unique addresses.
- Develop a useful mobile/Wireless testbed for the future internet.
Chair: Taekyoung Kwon, Seoul National University
Co-Chair: Keiichi Shima, IIJ
Xiaohong Huang, BUPT
- Mobile/Wireless BoF Meeting, Seoul, 2007.11.2
- Winter School, Seoul, 2008.2
- Winter School, Beijing, 2009.1
- Mobile/Wirelss BoF Charter Proposal (2007.11.2)
- Mobile/Wireless One-Week Course Proposal (2007.11.3)
- Winter School, Seoul, 2010.2